Here’s a quick post just for you to share 10 new mind-blowing marketing statistics that will influence the way you do business.
I often say the marketing game is rigged for 99.9% of marketers and entrepreneurs. My mission is for you to win the game of marketing no matter what changes the big social media platforms make.
The marketing world is shifting dramatically right now, so here are 10 incredible indicators you need to know (so you can adjust quickly and beat your competition):
1. The following list is the share of Americans who use specific social platforms (Pew):
- YouTube — 81%
- Facebook — 69%
- Instagram — 40%
- Pinterest — 31%
- LinkedIn — 28%
- Snapchat — 25%
- Twitter — 23%
- WhatsApp — 23%
- TikTok — 21%
- Reddit — 18%
2. Only 3,000 YouTube influencers have over 1 million subscribers. While up to 5 million influencers have around 1,000 subscribers (Mediakix).
3. According to Facebook, in 2016, there were 3 million advertisers on their platform. In 2020, more than 200 million businesses were using Facebook’s free tools — and there are more than 10 million active advertisers on Facebook.
4. Consumers are seeing up to 10,000 online/offline ads per day (Forbes).
5. A single bad experience on a website makes users 88% less likely to revisit that website again (Compuware).
6. The average shopping eCommerce cart abandonment rate is 69.80%, which accounts for $260 billion in lost orders nationwide (Baymard Institute).
7. 7 out of 10 B2B buyers watch a video at some point in the sales or buying process. With B2C companies, it’s even higher…95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service, and 84% have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video (Hubspot).
8. 88% of video marketers report that video gives them a positive ROI. By comparison, only 33% felt that way 5 years ago. 76% say it helped them increase sales. 76% say it helped them increase traffic. 80% say video has increased dwell time on their website — aka how long a person stays on the site(Wyzol).
9. Up to 90% of direct mail gets opened, compared to only 20% to 30% of emails — on the high end (Compu-Mail).
10. 3% of the population creates 90% of all tweets (Pew).
PS — When you become an exclusive subscriber to my “Undefeated Marketing” bi-weekly data, business, and marketing blog, you will always get first (AND FREE) access to our consumer data and insider offers before anyone else (i.e., your competition). If you know someone that will benefit from these critical insights, forward this to them and encourage them to sign up HERE.
PPS — Throughout my new book, you’ll read a lot about the “Customer Insights Report” and how vital customer data is for building lasting relationships with your customers. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: if you want to beat the rigged marketing game, your first step is taking a deep dive into your customer or client data. Win Big Media, my corporate marketing agency, is offering a free customer data assessment to help you find out how your ideal customers or clients think, feel, and act. We’ll walk you through how our patented process analyzes your consumer data. And we’ll show you how those insights can help you connect with your customers and drive more conversions. Interested in learning more about how you can always win the marketing game for your business? You can go to phillipstutts.com/insights to get started.