What intrigues me the most is when businesses successfully employ a political marketing “mindset” I highlight in FIRE THEM NOW.
And I haven’t stopped laughing at the most recent one…YOU’VE GOT TO READ THIS.
Did you see this insanely funny and effective story on Aviation Gin and actor Ryan Reynolds (also a major investor)?
So here is what happened — while appearing on the “Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon”, Reynolds revealed his Aviation Gin email (which resulted in a crash to the Aviation Gin server after 20,000 emails started to flood in.)
Why do people care about knowing his work email?
- He’s a celebrity and people want to connect with a celebrity
- They wanted to read his latest hilariously funny “out-of-office” email
If you haven’t read the article or seen the video clip, click here and get ready to have a serious laugh!
What started as a funny way to feel like a part of his newly invested company has turned into a brilliant marketing campaign that has brought Aviation Gin millions of dollars in free advertising.
What you can learn from this brilliant marketing idea:
1. A virtually unknown brand of gin created millions of dollars in FREE publicity from one idea.
2. The power of using a celebrity, not just as a silent “face” but to have them use humor to give the consumer a positive feeling about the company AND generate profits.
3. The company grew its marketing email list by over 20,0000 in one day (until it crashed)!
4. Get more bites of the apple. This marketing idea was so successful, you better believe Reynolds will do more humorous “out of office” emails in the future.
5. Aviation Gin has now created a sustainable brand and they must build on top of that with a great tasting product AND more “out-of-the-box” marketing. One hit wonders come and go. They must sustain it now.